BAKED TREATS & DESSERTS
Unique recipes made using our exclusive dry mixes.
healthy chocolate banana pancakes
1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
2. Heat your non-stick pan on medium heat. Place a 1/2 cup portion of pancake batter and cook until the surface begins to bubble. Once the surface is consistently bubbling, flip and cook remaining side. Remove from heat once both sides are cooked.
3. Once all the batter is cooked, prepare and garnish to your liking.
1/4 Cup of Luxe Brew 40% Dark
1 Cup of Oats
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of baking powder
dark chocolate buttercream
2 1/4 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup Luxe Brew Dark 40% Drinking Chocolate Blend
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1. Combine powdered sugar and chocolate mix and whisk together.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar-matcha mixture 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Continue to beat the buttercream until light and fluffy.
3. Use on cakes, cupcakes or biscuits of your choosing.
INGREDIENTS (FOR CAKE)
3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (45g) Luxe Brew 40% Dark Chocolate powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature*
1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
INGREDIENTS (FOR BUTTERCREAM)
250g softened butter
500g sifted icing sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Justin Metcalf Cold Brew
1. Preheat the oven to 177°C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, Bodacious chocolate mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin.
3. Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides or sinking. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
4. While the cup cakes are cooling, make the buttercream. Extract the the coffee and set aside to cool.
5. Cut the butter into cubes and then beat on a low-medium speed until soft. Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until fully combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract and add the coffee a teaspoon at a time, beating in each addition before adding more. The buttercream should be soft and perfect for piping at this point. If it’s still a little stiff then beat in a little milk.
7. Frost cooled cupcakes however you’d like. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
matcha Japanese green tea latte blend recipes
green tea matcha cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Luxe Brew Green Tea Matcha Blend
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1. Add flour and Luxe Brew matcha green tea blend to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix together with a rubber spatula and set aside.
2. Add butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Cream butter with an electric hand mixer, until fluffy.
3. In three batches, add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
4. Heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Roll out the dough into 5 mm thickness, then cut into your choice of shapes. Place the cut-outs onto a baking paper lined tray.
5. Bake the cookies for 9 to 10 minutes, watching carefully because the baking time will depend on the thickness of your cookies.
6. When the cookies are done, place the baking paper with the cookies on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to fully cool before adding any sort of icing.
red velvet blend recipes
NATURALLY COLOURED RED VELVET CUPCAKES
1 and 1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup Luxe Brew Red Velvet Latte Blend
2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup oil canola or vegetable
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 177°C. Line two standard 12-count muffin pans with 16 cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, Luxe Brew Red Velvet Mix, baking soda, and salt. Then sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 4-5 minutes. Add the egg and mix until fully combined, then mix in the oil and vanilla stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Make sure to mix each addition until just combined and be careful not to over mix the batter.
5. Evenly distribute the batter between all 16 cupcake liners in the prepared muffin pans, only filling each one about halfway full.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Carefully remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Ice with a topping of your choosing (pictured is a cream cheese frosting.
chai spiced cinnamon blend recipes
spiced cinnamon chai sugar cookies
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Luxe Brew Spiced Chai Powder
1 cup butter softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 large egg
Luxe Brew Spiced Chai
Powder (as much as needed)
1. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and Luxe Brew Chai blend. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
3. Scoop the dough into about 3 cm balls.
4. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the chai spice roll mix.
5. Roll the dough balls in the chai spice and place on a lined baking tray.
6. Slightly flatten the top of each cookie that has been dipped in sugar.
7. Sprinkle the top of the cookies with extra chai spice right before baking.
8. Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, removing the cookies just before the edges get brown.
9. Allow to cool then enjoy!
turmeric mixed spice blend recipes
1/2 Cup Macadamias
1/2 Cup Buckinis
1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut
5 Medjool Dates
1/2 tbsp Water
1 1/2 Cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tsp Luxe Brew Turmeric Latte Blend